Monday, September 05, 2016

Artist Challenges

Hello everyone,
I never thought of myself as a person who always has to take a dare, but recently I have been confronted with a lot of challenges. Not just life challenges but artistic challenges. I think some of you know what I'm talking about but if you don't let me explain. Many groups on Facebook have these challenges or prompts to use to help you create on a daily basis. Well let's just say I find all of them interesting. And then I have a group of friends who are also artistic who prod me in the direction of creating on a more regular basis. I know ideally, this is only going to help me grow in my art. but I think I also need to step back once in a while and reassess the things that I am doing. 
I took on the prompts for two months doing an index card a day. While I think it was beneficial, I also feel that two months on one project is a long time when it's a daily project. Additionally while I was doing the two month project I had monthly and weekly challenges to meet. I apologize I haven't spent a lot of time blogging because I was making art and sharing a lot of it on my Facebook page, Instagram and YouTube.

So I've been trying to do several other Facebook groups. There are challenges from international crafters who post both weekly and monthly prompts. And then there is a group that does a mermaid every month and Mission Inspiration and 29 faces...see what I mean. I've also been trying to do a few collaborations with some of my friends. Sheri has a new Facebook group called Tag It Tuesday. She posts prompts for the month and we all create tags based on that. And we cannot forget about pick a stick challenge. That's a journaling group three of my friends and I started that gives 10 prompts for a page each month. It was just the four of us at the beginning of the year and now we have a group of over 600 art journaler.

Additionally Shel C and I have been doing some Gelli print collaborations. Here are a few pics. You can find the complete play list on YouTube. We have another week of fun planned there.
So I hope you understand, dear readers, that my challenges include finding the time to blog. It is always something I want to do but then the studio calls to me. If you want to see more than what you are following here, you can also find me in these other places.
Periscope @pegarobinson


No comments: